|||Burnaby, British Columbia, CA|||||||||P~IaH2Nqnqbof345|||OTHER|||CAD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false
The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for overseeing a wide variety of warehouse activities including shipping and receiving raw materials and/or finished goods and maintaining inventory and associated records. Personnel management responsibilities include hiring and training, planning and assigning daily work, conducting performance appraisals, addressing performance issues, and resolving problems.
- Ensure daily operations meet and exceed daily performance expectations.
- Measure and report the effectiveness of warehousing activities and employee performance.
- Analyze warehouse and shipping Daily Activity Logs, reviewing workload and/or performance and recommending the hiring and/or dismissal of staff.
- Address disciplinary, safety, or attendance matters. Track performance metrics and provide feedback to staff.
- Complete employee performance reviews and coach warehouse employees in conflict resolution and dealing with difficult situations.
- Analyze daily operations to assign/rotate staff in areas where operation can be most effective.
- Determine staffing levels and assign workload.
- Identify areas of improvement and adjust working procedures accordingly.
- Coach warehouse staff and help them find ways to increase daily output.
- Confer and coordinate activities with other departments to retain symbiotic relationships across the company.
Inventory Control (45%):
- Perform year-end inventory, ensuring procedures are followed properly. Schedule staff for pre-counting and year end counts. Enter all year end counts into inventory
- Guide Warehouse Lead with their daily, weekly, and monthly cycle counts.
- Prepare Work Instructions and Standard Operating Procedures that are related to the warehouse operations.
- Enforce, along with Warehouse Lead, daily receiving and recording of all inbound and outbound shipments.
- Ensure proper receiving and ensure accuracy of inventory counts throughout the supply chain.
- Ensure, along with Warehouse personnel, inventory is rotated and related storage areas are organized.
Quality Control (35%):
- Fully understand and properly execute GMP policy to ensure compliance in governing regulations and certifications (Organic, Kosher, non-GMO, Preventative Control Plan, Food Defense Plan, Air Cargo etc.), health & hygiene, sanitation, and food safety measures.
- Monitor and take action to ensure products are stored according to designed conditions.
- Ensure that all equipment is fully functional. Coordinate preventative and corrective maintenance services and daily inspections according to Safety Policies
- Audit and examine packing processes to ensure consistency to eliminate damage to outgoing product. Investigate any damage returns.
- Walk and answer inspector’s questions regarding warehouse operations during any audits.
- Ensure equipment is in good working order and that the Warehouse is clean, well-marked, and well lit.
- Ensure Warehouse personnel provide information (weights/volumes) needed by carriers.
Proven work experience as a Warehouse Supervisor.
Familiar with policy writing and be able to prepare Work Instructions and Standard Operating Procedures that are related to the warehouse operations.
Highly effective supervisory skills and techniques.
Extensive knowledge in the areas of pest prevention and allergen control measures that are required in shipping and storage.
Knowledge of warehouse software packages and MS Office proficiency.
Ability to input, retrieve and analyze data.
Open to feedback and coaching by others.
Hands-on commitment on getting the job done.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Proven ability to direct and coordinate operations.
Strong organizational and time management skills.
Must be forklift certified and/or certifiable.
May require working occasional overtime-flexibility of schedule as needed with short notice. Ability to work independently and in a team environment. Work is performed in fluctuating temperatures.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, reach overhead, bend, and stoop throughout the workday. The employee must regularly lift and/or move 50 pounds.
Group Extended Health Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Paramedical)
Basic Life, AD&D, Critical Illness, Long Term Disability Benefits
Paid Vacation, Sick Leave, Statutory Holidays
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please submit your cover letter, resume and salary expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for applying; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.