Creamy Caesar Dressing
This dressing is best made fresh at the time you wish to use it.
- 1/2 cup Flora Organic MCT oil
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- 2 medium cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp. prepared Dijon mustard or 1 tsp dry mustard powder
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Smash and peel the garlic, removing any green-tinged sprouts from the center, to prevent heartburn. Mince the garlic and let it sit out in the air for 10 minutes to develop the beneficial compounds.
- Put everything in a jar and pulverize everything right in the jar with an immersion stick blender.
- When everything is creamy and emulsified, test and adjust for taste. Note: To achieve the creamiest dressing, do include either the yeast or mustard powder to help with emulsification.
- Use the dressing immediately. Because Caesar dressing is famously thick, it is best or traditionally served with tossed salad that is pre-dressed, instead of being poured on at the table. To dress every leaf evenly, add the dressing a little at a time to a large bowl filled with your Romaine lettuce or kale or other salad after it has been washed and spun dry. Using tongs, toss to coat, then serve immediately. If you would prefer a pourable dressing, add more lemon juice or some white wine vinegar to thin.
Dana Green Remedios, RHN, RNCP, NNCP, is a Vancouver-based educator and coach. She is a regular contributor to the FloraHealthy blog and can answer your questions in English, French, and Spanish as a Product Information Specialist at Flora.