Our body loves a full body detox!Have you ever started a cleanse and felt tired, foggy, or like you’re getting a cold? Those are symptoms that are frequently referred to as a “healing crisis”. What this usually means is that your liver has released more toxins than your detox pathways can handle and your body is a bit overwhelmed. The great news is you can do a full body detox without these annoying symptoms.
Full body detox – a how-to guide:
- Drink lots of water. All of our detox pathways need to be flushed, especially our cells and kidneys.
- Start your morning with a glass of water with freshly squeezed lemon. This is a simple but surprisingly effective way to support our body’s natural daily detox process. It supports the liver and digestive system.
- Eat lots of cruciferous veggies, like broccoli, kale, and cauliflower. This family of veggies contains lots of liver-friendly compounds like indole-3-carbinol. Enjoy 1 serving everyday.
- Exercise regularly to help your body move your lymph; the garbage disposal system in your body. It moves when you move.
- Sleep. Your body naturally detoxifies while you sleep, so try your best to get 7 – 9 hours of sleep every night.