Fall has arrived! Time to get out your sweaters and fuzzy socks, shop for apples and pears at the farmers’ market, and take walks as fallen leaves crunch underfoot. It’s also an ideal time for a cleanse.
Many herbalists recommend cleansing four times a year, specifically at the change of the seasons. Cleansing is a good way to mark the transition from one time of year to another…a time to go inward, do some self-care, let go of the old and be open to the new.
If you’re feeling a little nervous at the mention of word “cleanse,” don’t be. The kind of cleanse we have in mind doesn’t involve starving, ingesting any mysterious substances, or spending hours in the bathroom. Who has time for that? Spoiler alert: No one. This cleanse is simply a gentle reset for your digestive system. Just follow three simple steps.
- Yes, you can eat! We’re cleansing, not fasting. Stick to easy-to-digest foods like whole grains (including oatmeal), steamed and pureed vegetables, whole fruit, smoothies, soups, nuts, seeds, eggs, wild salmon and lentils. Eat as much as you need to feel satisfied, and avoid white flour, sugar, and processed foods.
- Water or warm green tea are the best choices. You’ll want to drink a little more than usual — 10 cups a day is perfect. That will help your kidneys flush waste products from your system. You’ll need to go to the bathroom more often than usual, but there shouldn’t be any urgency. Take a break from any alcoholic, sweetened, or caffeinated beverages.
- Flora offers several products that can support you while you do a cleanse. For a simple cleanse, take Flor-Essence® on an empty stomach every morning and evening for a week. For extra support, try our Flor-Essence® 7 Day Kit, which features a week’s worth of Flor-Essence® liquid, Pro-Essence® vegetarian capsules, and FloraLax® powder.
Flora Cleanse Products
Our highly rated Flor-Essence® is a cleansing liquid that gently enhances your body’s natural digestion and elimination processes, while also providing antioxidant protection. In fact, it’s so gentle it can safely be used every day.
We call the collection of herbs in Flor-Essence® the Great Eight, thanks to their remarkable cleansing properties.
- Organic Burdock Root
- Organic Sheep Sorrel
- Organic Slippery Elm Bark
- Organic Blessed Thistle
- Organic Red Clover
- Organic Rhubarb Root
- Organic Kelp
Together, these herbs help your body remove waste products more efficiently through the liver, kidneys, colon, blood, mucous membranes, and skin. Bonus: The Great Eight also encourage regular bowel movements, eliminate gas and bloating, and fight free radicals. Just what we all need heading into the holiday season!
Pro-Essence® vegetarian capsules contain a proprietary blend of five herbs that facilitate the release of water, providing support for urinary tract health. Pro-Essence® features:
- Prickly ash bark
- Juniper berry
- Burdock root
- Slippery elm bark
- Uva ursi leaves
The kidneys filter waste products from the blood and remove them from the body via urine. Herbs that promote urination give this process a gentle nudge.
FloraLax® powder is an all-natural, certified organic gentle fiber formula that promotes bowel regularity by supporting the main organs of digestion: the intestines. FloraLax® contains 3 natural sources of high-quality fiber:
- Organic Flax seed
- Organic Psyllium seed husks
- Organic Oat bran
Fiber adds bulk to fecal matter, which keeps it soft, so it passes more smoothly and comfortably through your system. Bonus: Fiber also acts as sponge that absorbs and removes waste products from your body.
No matter which cleansing path you choose, a cleanse with Flora products will leave you feeling rejuvenated and ready to savor the new season.
Use promo code CLEANSE15 for 15% off Flor-Essence now through September 20, 2022.