This trail mix has kid-pleasing ingredients that are safe for school, daycare, and activities that do not allow peanuts or tree nuts.
It is a well-balanced snack, offering a healthy dose of protein and complex carbs—the kind that supply significant energy and fiber—plus some filling fats.
With flavors and textures kids will love (including their new favorite, Baobites) it is sure to be a hit.
It is also made with moms in mind: rich in electrolyte minerals and antioxidants, contains substantial amounts of vitamins A and C as well as iron and zinc, and free from melty, messy add-ins like chocolate.
In other words, it’s a powerhouse of nutrition and fuel for their little bodies.
Bao-Berry Banana Bite Trail Mix
Makes 2 cups / 8 servings
- ¼ cup (1 part) Flora Baobites
- ¼ cup (1 part) Heaven Mountain Goji Berries
- ½ cup (2 parts) Roasted sunflower seeds
- ¾ cup (3 parts) Roasted pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup (1 part) Banana chips
Feel free to swap your add-ins:
- ½ cup (2 parts) Popcorn or pretzels instead of sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup (1 part) Dried blueberries or cherries instead of Goji berries
- ¼ cup (1 part) Coconut flakes instead of banana chips
Dana Green Remedios, RHN, RNCP, NNCP, is a Vancouver-based educator and coach. She is a regular contributor to the FloraHealthy blog and can answer your questions in English, French, and Spanish as a Product Information Specialist at Flora.