Recipe and image courtesy of Ellie Bullen @Elsas_WholesomeLife
Recipe serves 2
Dressing: (makes enough for 3-4 serves)4 tbsp Red Beet Apple Cider Vinegar Wellness Tonic
2 tbsp Lemon Juice
2 tbsp Tahini
2 tsp Manuka Honey
Salad:6 baby dutch carrots, whole
2 beetroots, halved
1/2 red onion, cut into thick wedges
60g kale, roughly chopped, stems attached
1 tsp avocado oil
1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
Handful of dill, roughly torn
1 avocado, halved and finely sliced
1/4 cup sauerkraut
Honey Sesame Marinade:1/2 tbsp Manuka honey
1/2 tbsp avocado oil
Pinch of salt
2 tsp sesame seeds
How to make:
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius fan forced.
- Mix together the marinade ingredients in a bowl.
- Place the carrots, beets and onion into a large baking dish. Keep a handful of baby beet greens for serving. Paste over the marinade and place in the oven to bake for 30-40 minutes or until baked through, they should be golden and crispy on the edges.
- Meanwhile, add all dressing ingredients to a small jar, seal with lid and shake vigorously. Set aside.
- Place a pan over high heat. Add the oil and kale. Sauté for 2-3 minutes, tossing occasionally and allowing the kale to crisp in parts. Transfer to plates.
- Place the drained chickpeas into a bowl, add in enough dressing to serve 2, toss together and then spoon the saucy chickpeas over the kale.
- Top with roasted veggies, sliced avocado, a side of sauerkraut and garnish with dill sprigs.