Longevity Bounty Bowl with MediterrAsian sauce
This is an easy one-pan roast veggie recipe. Once prepped, it is very hands off. Pop it into the oven, set a timer and forget it.
Short on time? Start with a single vegetable. Prepping for the week? Roast them all! It is up to you! Having these prepped makes it super easy to consume several portions of cruciferous vegetables throughout the week. Eat them as is or add them to grain bowls, omelettes, whatever you can think of.
We made it into a bounty bowl by serving the roast veggies with quinoa (cooked according to package directions) and a drizzle of a vibrant sauce (recipe included below).
Every ingredient used here (except salt) is a longevity superstar. Bon appetit!
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ROAST VEGETABLES AND MEDITERRASIAN SAUCE
- Preheat your oven to 475°
- Prep metal baking pans by covering with parchment paper.
- Choose your vegetables (list below) and prep them.
- Start with mostly dry vegetables, nothing should be sopping wet. Arrange them on the pans. Separate bigger denser pieces and more delicate veggies. That way some can come out earlier and avoid burning. Make sure not to crowd - everything you prep needs space on the baking pan. These steps and the high temperature ensure that the vegetables are lightly caramelized with crispy edges and not rubbery from steam.
- Drizzle a little olive oil or sacha inchi oil over the pan or onto your clean hands and massage the vegetables. Then sprinkle with your choice of seasonings or just a little salt and pepper. Great options; any combination of turmeric, cumin, ginger, cinnamon, cayenne, rosemary, garlic, thyme, oregano, or ground dried mushrooms.
- Slide the prepped veg into the hot oven on the middle and upper racks, and set timer for 20 minutes.
- Prepare your sauce by combining tahini, miso, Red Beet Crystals, and finely minced garlic, then thin with lemon juice, olive oil and/or a little hot water. Sample and adjust proportions to get the taste and consistency you enjoy.
- Check the veggies for doneness. Rotate pans as needed and set timer again – they may need anywhere from 5 to 20 minutes depending on your oven and how large the pieces were.
- When done, you may eat right away, or allow to cool before storing for later.
INGREDIENTS FOR ROAST VEGGIES
Choose from these vegetables
- Beet – peeled or well scrubbed, cubed
- Bell pepper – stem removed, seeded, quartered
- Bok Choy/Chinese cabbage (all kinds) – bulbs halved
- Broccoli- in florets or whole broccolini/rapini
- Brussels sprouts - halved
- Butternut squash
- Cabbage (all kinds) – thickly sliced
- Cauliflower - in florets
- Collards – sliced
- Onion – peeled and sliced
- Kale (all kinds) – sliced, tough stem ends removed
- Kohlrabi – peeled and quartered
- Mushrooms, especially shiitake – cleaned and halved
- Radishes (all kinds) – halved or cubed
- Rutabaga – peeled and cubed
- Shallot – peeled and halved
- Sweet potato – scrubbed or peeled and cubed
- Turnip – scrubbed well or peeled, and cubed
INGREDIENTS FOR MEDITERRASIAN SAUCE
- Tahini (sesame paste)
- Miso paste (fermented soybean paste)
- Flora Red Beet Crystals
- Lemon juice
- Hot water