IngredientsRoasted Vegetable Skewers
1 ear of corn
1 tbsp avocado oil (reserve more for cooking)
1 medium zucchini
1 red onion
6-8 florets of broccoli
6-8 florets of cauliflower
1 small sweet potato
1/2 lb fillet of salmon
2 tsp sea salt
2-3 tbsp avocado oil
1/4 cup Flora Mānuka Honey (MGO 250+/10+ UMF)
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
Juice of 1/2 a lemon
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp nutritional yeast
10 cracks fresh pepper
5-10 cracks sea salt
InstructionsVeggies & Salmon
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Start by husking the corn, then coating it in about 1 tbsp avocado oil. Cut the sweet potato in 1/2-inch thick slices. Coat slices in a small amount of oil, then bake both corn and sweet potato on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper for 10 minutes.
- While they are cooking, slice all other vegetables so that they are all around the same size.
- Place salmon filet on a plate in room temperature and rub with sea salt. Set aside.
- Once the corn and potato have finished their pre-cook, remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes to cool slightly. At this point, the corn will be easier to slice into 1-inch thick pieces. Add vegetables in random order to skewers.
- Place vegetable skewers back onto the baking sheet along with 1/2 a lemon, open side down. Brush with oil, and bake for 20 minutes, rotating halfway through.
- While the veggies are baking, heat a large iron skillet with avocado oil. Ensure the bottom of the skillet is covered with oil and allow it to heat up. Once the oil is hot, add the salmon. Cook on each side for 4-6 minutes, until you can see that it has cooked through and become light pink. You can do this by looking at the middle of the cross section of your fillet, or by poking it with a fork.
- Add all glaze ingredients to a small bowl, whisk well and taste to re-season.
- Squeeze baked lemon over salmon and vegetables. Brush vegetables with the glaze while they are still hot, rotating the skewer while you brush. Repeat again until a generous amount of glaze is applied. Brush the top of your salmon fillets generously. Serve