Recipe and photo courtesy of Adeline Waugh
For the dough:1 egg or flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax + 3 tbsp water)
1 cup almond butter or cashew butter
3/4 cup coconut sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
For the coating:
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- If you are using a flax egg, mix together ground flax and water and allow to sit for 5 to 10 minutes.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine almond butter, coconut sugar, baking soda, egg or flax egg, vanilla extract, and sea salt until a sticky dough forms.
- Roll the dough into balls about the size of a golf ball and coat with cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- Place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake 6 at a time because they spread out a lot. Bake for 12 minutes.
8 ounces dairy-free cream cheese
4 teaspoons Manuka Honey
1 teaspoon peppermint extract
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon Red Beet Crystals for every
1/4 cup frosting
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl until fully combined. Refrigerate if not using immediately.