Sunscreen, cleansing, exfoliating, and moisturizing regularly, you may think you’re taking pretty good care of your skin. These are important steps but they’re external remedies, and as we all know, beauty is more than skin-deep. Healthy, glowing skin comes both from what you put ON the outside and what you put IN the inside. Outer beauty reflects and radiates from inner health.
Step 1: Hydrate
The first thing you need to do for happy skin is to stay well-hydrated. Keep a water bottle nearby and eat foods with high water content. Think juicy fruits and veggies like cucumbers, strawberries, tomatoes, and watermelon (it’s right there in the name, isn’t it?). Another clue that a vegetable has a lot of water in it is if it shrinks a lot when you cook it, like mushrooms or most greens. Soups and smoothies are another tried-and-true way to hydrate.
Step 2: Eat Right
Your skin is hungry for certain nutrients like antioxidants, silicon, and omega fatty acids. Where to get them?
- Most fruits and vegetables are high in skin-loving antioxidants, but so are nuts, green tea, and cocoa powder. Even more reason to love dark chocolate!
- Green beans, bananas, brown rice, leafy greens, and oats all have the mineral silicon, which helps your body make collagen.
- Omega fatty acids are present in fatty fish, algae, nuts, seeds, and certain plant oils. Most people don’t get enough from diet alone, so supplementing is a skin-smart idea, especially if you don’t eat fish.
Step 3: Supplement
Omega-3s and -6s moisturize your skin from the inside out and make it stronger in two ways. Number one, they help your skin maintain its firm structure (rather than sagging). Number two, they support its barrier function (keeping water in and irritants out—exactly where you want them!). If you don’t get enough antioxidants, silicon and omega fatty acids through the diet—and many of us don’t—Flora’s got you covered with the following supplements.
- Made from unrefined flax, sesame, sunflower, and evening primrose oils, Udo’s Oil 3-6-9 Blend liquid is a 100% plant-based source of skin-loving omega fatty acids. Udo’s Oil is made on custom-made expeller presses in a low heat, light and oxygen-free environment for maximum freshness, and of course it’s non-GMO, organic, vegan, and keto-friendly. We also offer Udo’s Oil 3-6-9 Blend capsules and DHA 3-6-9 Blend with algae, so you can choose the omega blend that’s right for you. Not only do omega fatty acids nourish skin, they also are essential nutrients for brain, eye and cardiovascular health!*
- Florasil provides the skin-friendly mineral silicon. Silicon promotes the production of collagen, a protein that keeps your skin smooth and youthful-looking.* Florasil features natural, highly absorbable silicon from the horsetail plant, rather than from sand or synthetic sources. It’s made in Italy using a gentle, water extraction method and, unlike many silica/silicon supplements, it's a standardized extract from a plant source for maximum bioavailability. It’s also gluten-free, non-GMO, and vegan. Bonus: Florasil is also great for hair and nails!
- If you have any concerns around vein health and circulation, we have one more supplement just for you. Made with the antioxidant bioflavonoids diosmin and hesperidin from Spanish oranges, CircuVein has been shown in clinical trials to support vein health and circulation, so your legs look and feel their best.* It’s vegan, gluten-free, and dairy-free.
Now that you’ve nourished your skin from within, it’s time to try a fun, naturally hydrating and exfoliating manuka honey face scrub.
Use promo code BEAUTY15 for 15% off FloraSil, CircuVein, and Udo's Oil now through February 27, 2023.