Do you get enough healthy fat? Many people don’t consume enough, especially essential omegas. Omega-3, -6 and -9 oils are safe to use in meals for the whole family, not just smoothies! Udo’s Oil is a great way to balance a meal, make a snack more satisfying, or finish off a dish of any kind.
How Much Udo’s Oil?
Using 2 – 3 tablespoons daily seems to work well for most adults and children 10 years and older. Even babies can take Udo’s Oil once they have been introduced to solids. Toddlers can usually take a couple of teaspoons, and those 3 to 10 years can have a tablespoon per day.
Serving Udo’s Oil over salads and raw or cooked veggies will help everyone absorb their nutrients and get the most out of the vegetables they eat!
How to Use the Famous Udo’s Omega 3-6-9 Blend:
Just because we don’t heat our Udo’s Oil doesn’t mean we can’t ‘cook’ with it! We like it alone or mixed with other ingredients to add a nutritional oomph to common recipes. Here are some popular uses:
- Blend it into spreads like guacamole, red pepper dip or hummus, or in bruschetta or tapenade.
- Use it as a base for creamy salad dressings like this Green Goddess, thisCaesar, and this Avocado Lemon Dressing or vinaigrettes like this Balsamic Vinaigrette and this Citrus Mint Vinaigrette.
- Use it as the foundation for healthy condiments like mayonnaise or mock mayonnaise, aioli, better butter, and pesto (regular or vegan).
- Use in a delicious glaze for portobello burgers.
- It blends easily into cold soups like vichyssoise and gazpacho.
- Add it to sauces like tomato sauce and green sauce.
- Add it to smoothies – they’re more filling with healthy fats. There are endless varieties.
- Use in stuffing, grain-based salads or other hearty salads before serving.
- Add to popsicles, homemade sorbets, or ice creams to make them healthier and less icy.
- Mix into cottage cheese with green onion, or white beans with herbs and spices to spread on crackers.
- It helps round out the nutrition of no-bake baked goods and desserts.
You don’t even need a recipe. Udo’s Oil can be used as-is, straight from the bottle. Pour some on a plate, add a shake of salt and pepper, and voila! Dip raw veggies like cauliflower, tomatoes, bell peppers, and fennel, Italian-style.
- Udo’s Oil can also be drizzled atop:
- Veggies, roasted or steam-fried
- Avocado toast
- Edamame, baked potatoes, peas and carrots, corn on the cob
- Lentils, rice, pasta, cauliflower rice, quinoa, millet, wild rice, couscous
- Buddha bowls and noodle bowls
- Cooked hot cereals like oatmeal, no’atmeal, cream of wheat, farro or millet.
The options are endless.
Just remember, for optimum freshness, keep your bottle in the fridge and consume within eight weeks. If you’re going out of town, put it in the freezer until you’re back. We know you’ll feel the difference when you’re getting enough omegas on the regular!
Dana Green Remedios, RHN, RNCP, NNCP, is a Vancouver-based educator and coach. She is a regular contributor to the FloraHealthy blog and can answer your questions in English, French, and Spanish as a Product Information Specialist at Flora.