Ingredients:1/4 of a large seedless watermelon
1/2 an English cucumber Juice of
4-5 fresh mint leaves
1/3 bottle of sparking rosé
2 tsp Flora's alcohol-free Swedish Bitters*
Lime zest, for garnish
- Cut watermelon into cubes and freeze it for at least a 2 hours.* Chill the sparkling rosé.
- Peel and cut cucumber into large chunks. The peel can act as a garnish for the drinks, but it's also a yummy and nutritious snack.
- In a high-speed blender, add the frozen watermelon, cucumber, lime juice, mint leaves, sparkling rosé and Swedish Bitters*. Blend on high for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour into cocktail glasses and garnish with mint, cucumber peel and/or lime zest.
- Flora offers a few different versions of their Swedish Bitters, including one that contains alcohol and one with simply water and citric acid. Alcohol is an excellent extractor of the important constituents of the herbs that play a role in digestion, which is why many herbal tinctures use alcohol. I prefer the taste of the alcohol-free version of their digestive bitters, though. Feel free to experiment with both!
- Freezing watermelon will give the final product a slushy-like consistency.