- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- Pinch salt
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 Tbs. Ginger & Lemon Flavor Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tbs. Flora Pumpkin Oil
- 3 heirloom carrots in a variety of colours
- 1 apple (pick a crisp-tart variety)
- 1/3 cup salad toppers/mixed seeds such as sesame, pumpkin, and sunflower*
- Grind the sesame seeds with a mortar and pestle.
- Add a clove of garlic and muddle until well mashed.
- Add in the apple cider vinegar and oil, and mix.
- Set aside to let the flavours meld.
- Using a mandolin or knife, slice the carrots into matchsticks.
- Then, slice the apple.
- Mix together in a bowl and dress, tossing to coat.
- Add the seeds and season to taste with salt and pepper. Enjoy right away! *Feel like something toasty? Gently toast your seeds before topping your salad.