3 tbsp. Flora Organic MCT oil
1 medium leek, white and light green parts, cleaned
1 medium yellow onion
2 bunches dill
2 bunches parsley
2 bunches cilantro
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. turmeric powder
1 tsp. each salt and pepper
- Mince the leek and onion, then cook on stovetop in an oven-safe pan in 1 tablespoon Flora Organic MCT oil over medium heat until soft. Remove from heat to cool.
- Rinse and dry dill, parsley, and cilantro. Chop herbs with a sharp knife and place in a large bowl.
- Preheat the broiler (to HI, if you have the option).
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, baking powder, turmeric, salt & pepper.
- Add egg mixture and cooled onion mixture to herb mixture and combine (including optional add-ins, if using).
- Wipe out the now-empty pan (from the onion mixture) and heat 2 tablespoons Flora Organic MCT oil on medium heat. Add the herb and egg mixture, distributing evenly. Cover and cook until egg sets around the edges, 3-5 minutes.
- Pop pan under the broiler to cook uncovered for 3-4 minutes, watching always to retain the green color as much as possible.
- When the center is set, remove from heat, cut into wedges, and serve.
- Optional add-ins/garnishes:
- ¼ cup walnut halves (extra methylation support)
- 3 tablespoons barberries (provide antioxidant berberine) - find these sour gems at specialty shops or Indian or Middle Eastern grocers