Red Velvet Truffles
Recipe & photo courtesy of Dr. Tara Sunshine
1 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
1/4 cup raw cacao powder
2 Tbsp Red Beet Crystals
2 Tbsp coconut manna, melted
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/8 tsp sea salt
sugar-free confectioners’ or powdered monk fruit sweetener, or sweetener of choice, adjusted to taste
1-3 Tbsp coconut flour (optional/as needed for desired consistency)
unsweetened desiccated coconut
crushed nuts or seeds
Optional Chocolate Coating
1/2 cup sugar-free chocolate chips
2 tsp coconut oil
- Place avocado, cacao, Red Beet Crystals, coconut manna, vanilla extract, and sea salt in a food processor container.
- Blend until a uniformly silky-smooth texture is achieved, stopping to scrape the sides and bottom with a spatula as needed. Sweeten to taste.
- Put the truffle mixture in the fridge until firm, approximately 1 hour.*
- Using a tablespoon, scoop out the truffle mixture and roll into balls.
- For the toppings option: Roll the formed balls in toppings in desired toppings.
- For the chocolate coating option: Melt chocolate chips and coconut oil over low heat in a small pot or double boiler. Drizzle or dip each truffle in the melted chocolate and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Chill until firm. Enjoy!
*If the mixture is too soft to roll into balls, try adding coconut flour, one tablespoon at a time, until a truffle-like consistency achieved. Red Velvet Truffles can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 2 months.