Chick-Nuggets With Manuka Honey Mustard
2 cups chickpeas (garbanzo beans), cooked. If canned, drain well.
1/2 medium onion, peeled and roughly chopped
2 cloves garlic
2 large eggs (flax, chia, or chicken)
2 tablespoons chicken or vegetable bouillon
1 scoop Beyond Greens
2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
1 teaspoon lemon juice
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 tablespoons Sacha Inchi Oil
1 cup flour (we used a chickpea flour blend)
1 cup breadcrumbs or panko
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Pulse the onion and garlic in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Add 1 egg, bouillon, green powder, yeast, baking powder, chickpeas, lemon juice, and oil to food processor. Pulse until well blended
- Scrape out the processor contents into a bowl. Stir flour into the mixture little by little until dough shapes easily into nuggets.
- Beat remaining egg in a small shallow dish. Place breadcrumbs in a similar dish.
- Taste the dough; if you want more seasoning, add it to the breadcrumbs
- Form dough into nugget shapes
- Dust the nuggets in flour, then dip in egg, and finally, in breadcrumbs. Place on a baking tray.
- Bake nuggets until they firm up a bit, about 10 minutes at 350 degrees
- Serve immediately with honey-mustard sauce.
Manuka Honey Mustard
4 generous servings
- For kids, I put equal amounts of honey, mayo and mustard, but most adults usually like a honey-mustard with less honey, and a dash of vinegar and cayenne.
3 tablespoons mayonnaise – pick one made with healthy fats!
3 tablespoons yellow mustard
3 tablespoons Flora Manuka Honey