Vegetarian & Gluten-Free Ingredients:Crust
1 cup pecans or other nut
6 Medjool dates
2 Tbsp salted butter melted
16 oz (2 packages) cream cheese
½ cup lemon curd, divided*
1 Tbsp Flora Elderberry Crystals
- Grind the nuts** and dates in a food processor, grinder, or blender. Grind the mixture long enough to become moist and hold together.
- Mix the butter in. Then spoon even amounts of crust mixture into each silicone cup/mini pan/muffin pan cup. Press to form crust.
- Blend together cream cheese and half the lemon curd. Hand mixers or stand mixers create a light whipped texture, but a good blender or food processor may also blend it adequately.
- Spoon an even amount of cream cheese mixture onto each crust base. Smooth out and tap gently to remove air bubbles. This section should be twice as deep as the crust layer. Chill to set in freezer (about 20 minutes).
- Blend together elderberry crystals and remaining lemon curd. Allow streaks and pops of color to remain or blend long and well for even color.
- Pop out each mini cheesecake and top with the colored mixture. Smooth with back of spoon. Garnish with curl of lemon zest. Chill until ready to serve.
- Soak the nuts and dates in the fridge overnight, then drain, and blot.
- Toast the nuts in a dry skillet.
Neither step is necessary; act according to your preference.
- Bowl; cupcake/muffins tin or cups; mixer, grinder, or a multi-purpose food processor
- Optional: Skillet, lemon zester