Keto Friendly ‘Sugar’ Cookies
Recipe and image courtesy of Adeline Waugh
1/4 cup softened grass fed butter
1/3 cup monk fruit sweetener
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup almond flour
1/3 cup arrowroot flour Dairy-Free Peppermint Cream Cheese Frosting (see below)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the butter and the monk fruit sweetener until fully blended.
- Add vanilla, almond flour, and arrowroot flour and mix together until a dough forms. You can do this by hand or use a stand mixer. Feel free to create shapes using cookie cutters (chill the dough for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator if you do this) or just make regular round cookies.
- Bake on a parchment lined baking sheet for 11-13 minutes.
Dairy-Free Peppermint Cream Cheese Frosting
8 ounces dairy-free cream cheese
4 teaspoons Flora Manuka Honey
1 teaspoon peppermint extract
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
For pink: Mix 1/4 cup plain frosting with 1/4 teaspoon Red Beet Crystals
For green: Mix 1/4 cup plain frosting with 2 droppers full of chlorophyl (preferably mint flavored)
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl until fully combined. Refrigerate if not using immediately.
Recipes Notes: For a vegan recipe, replace honey with maple syrup, monk fruit, or stevia.