Time: 55 minutes + cooling time
Makes: 1 standard loaf
2 cups almond flour
1/3 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup tapioca flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp fine sea salt
¾ cup granulated sugar
3 large eggs, room temperature
½ cup plain yoghurt, room temperature
1/3 cup olive oil
Juice of one lemon (about 4 tablespoons)
Zest of one lemon
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp poppyseeds
1 cup icing sugar
1 tbsp Elderberry Crystals
1 tsp grated ginger (or 1 tsp ginger powder)
1 tsp cardamom
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Prepare a standard loaf tin with a light layer of coconut oil.
- In a medium mixing bowl, sift flours, baking powder and sea salt. Whisk together and set aside.
- In a stand mixer add eggs and sugar. Beat on high until the mixture is a butter yellow and slightly frothy (about 2 minutes).
- Add yoghurt, oil, lemon juice and zest, and vanilla to the bowl and continue to beat until incorporated.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients and fold in by hand using a spatula. Mix until incorporated but be sure not to over mix. Then, add the poppyseeds and give it another little mix, dispersing the poppyseeds throughout the batter.
- Pour the batter into the loaf tin. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes, checking at the 30 minute mark every 5 or so minutes. Insert a toothpick into the center of the loaf, and when it comes out dry, remove from the oven and cool for at least 1 hour.
- Prepare the glaze by whisking all ingredients in a bowl. Use a spoon to disperse the glaze once the cake is cooled. Slice and serve.