Recipe and image courtesy of Lindsay Young, @eatyoungnutrition
Serves: Selfishly, one… Realistically, two
Time: 15 minutes prep time, 40 minutes cook time
Ingredients:1 cup cooked or canned black beans, rinsed & drained
1/2 cup pitted medjool dates soaked in
1/4 cup hot water
1 tbsp chia seeds in
3 tbsp cold water
1/3 cup raw cacao powder
1/4 cup coconut oil
2 tbsp Flora Elderberry Crystals
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 cup almond coconut or flour
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
2 tbsp natural peanut butter
Toppings:2 scoops ice cream of choice
1 tbsp chopped walnuts
1 tbsp peanut butter
1/4 tsp large flake sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Use about 2 tsp coconut oil to grease a cast iron skillet and set aside.
- Begin by allowing the chia seeds to soak in cool/ room temperature water and the dates to soak in hot water. Set aside.
- In a high-speed blender, add black beans, cacao, coconut oil, elderberry crystals, maple syrup, vanilla, and sea salt. When chia seeds have gelled up, add them as well. After about 5 minutes of the dates soaking, use a fork to mash them up. Most of the water should be absorbed. Add the dates to the blender, and blend until creamy.
- Transfer brownie batter to a large bowl, then add almond flour and walnuts. Mix thoroughly. Add half the mixture to the skillet, then stir in peanut butter. Add remaining batter and smooth out.
- Bake for 40 minutes, then let cool for about 5 minutes. Add desired toppings and dig in while it’s still warm!