Celebrate summer barbecues with veggies, infused with rosemary and drizzled with a citrusy Italian dressing.
This simple sauce puts a healthy twist on classic Italian flavors with sweet orange in place of vinegar and Udo’s Oil in place of a commercial variety grain oil. The result is mellower than the typical store-bought variety and significantly healthier.
We enjoyed it paired with grilled summer veggies and rosemary. With such simple everyday ingredients, you can easily use it to dress everyday salads on short notice. It’s an easy way to get your omegas all year round.
Rosemary Skewers with Sweet & Citrusy Italian Dressing:
- Assorted summer veggies, diced
- Rosemary sprigs
- ¼ cup Udo’s Oil
- 2 tbsp. frozen orange 100% juice concentrate
- 1 tbsp. dried Italian herb mix
- 2 tsp. minced dried or roasted garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Coat veggies in a light amount of olive oil.
- Pierce tough veggies with a toothpick to create a hole (large enough to thread the woody end of the rosemary sprig through).
- Thread rosemary through pierced veggies.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over skewers and grill on the barbecue.
- Combine remaining ingredients until mixed and drizzle dressing over cooked skewers.
Dana Green Remedios, RHN, RNCP, NNCP, is a Vancouver-based educator and coach. She is a regular contributor to the FloraHealthy blog and can answer your questions in English, French, and Spanish as a Product Information Specialist at Flora.