Baked Beet Crystal Quinoa
- 1 cup white quinoa, rinsed
- 1 ¾ cup chicken stock (or substitute with any stock)
- 1/3 cup Red Beet Crystals
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan
- ¼ cup coconut milk (full fat)
- 1 tbsp salted butter
- ½ cup slivered almonds, for serving
- Preheat oven to 375 F. In an 8x8 baking dish, add rinsed quinoa. In a microwave safe bowl add stock, beet crystals and coconut milk. Microwave or heat over a stove until hot. Pour the hot liquid over the quinoa. Add in parmesan and mix. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until quinoa has almost absorbed most of the liquid.
- While quinoa is baking heat slivered almonds in a skillet over medium heat, stirring often, until toasted brown.
- Let quinoa sit on the counter for 5 minutes (quinoa will continue to absorb liquid). Top with extra grated parmesan and toasted almonds.