Recipe & image: Lindsay Young, RHN, BSc Holistic Nutritionist@eatyoungnutrition
Makes: 3 cups of granola Gluten free, nut-free option, vegan option
Ingredients Dry:2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
1 tbsp raw almonds*
1/2 cup dried golden berries
1/4 cup shredded coconut
1 tbsp Gandalf Organic Chlorella powder
2 tbsp bee pollen**
1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
Wet:1/4 cup coconut manna
2 tbsp honey*
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl add the dry ingredients: the oats, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, almonds, golden berries, Gandalf chlorella powder, coconut shreds and salt, and stir. Leave the bee pollen out for now. In a smaller bowl, add all wet ingredients: the coconut manna, honey and vanilla, and stir. Add the wet to the dry and use your hands or a spatula to incorporate the wet evenly into the dry.
- On a baking sheet lightly coated with ghee or coconut oil, evenly disperse the granola mix so you have a thin, even layer. Depending on the size of your baking sheet you may have to separate the mix in two.
- Bake for 7 - 10 minutes on the middle rack.
- When the granola comes out of the oven, stir it around to prevent the bottom from burning. Then let it cool before incorporating the bee pollen. Pour it into a sealed glass jar and store at room temperature.
*Omit almonds for a nut-free version.
**Omit the honey and bee pollen for a vegan friendly option. Maple syrup is a good substitution for honey.