GO BEYOND BARS
Looking for something delectable to wow your co-workers at the office holiday party? A quick appy to whip up for that potluck you forgot about? Or a healthy treat to fuel you through holiday shopping, gift wrapping, and beyond?
This holiday recipe fits the bill, healthfully, whatever the occasion.
Go Beyond Bars are: No-bake. Full of fiber. Promote good sleep and immunity. Provide plenty of protein and greens!
BEYOND BARS – No-Bake, vegan, gluten-free
Recipe: Dana Remedios, RHN
2 ½ cups quick oats
100g dried tart Montmorency cherries
¼ cup toasted salted pumpkin seeds
5 scoops Beyond Greens powder
100g chocolate protein powder (we used a vegan one)
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp sea salt
3/4 cup almond milk (we used unsweetened)
3/4 cup nut butter (we used unsalted almond) at room temperature
½ tsp vanilla extract
½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (we used dairy free)
- In a large measuring cup, measure ¾ cup almond butter, almond milk and vanilla and allow to come to room temperature to enable mixing.
- Pulse oats in a food processor until fine. Add cherries and pulse to make small pieces, then add pumpkin seeds to break them up just a little.
- Put protein powder in a large bowl and add Beyond Greens, cinnamon and salt. Whisk to mix.
- Add almond milk/butter mixture to dry bowl and mix until smooth with a wooden spoon.
- Add oat mixture to bowl and mix very well. You may need to use your hands at this point.
- Pack and flatten the mixture into your preferred pan or dish with the back of the spoon.
- Melt chocolate chips in a microwave safe dish for 30 seconds. Remove and stir. Microwave 30 seconds more. Spread melted chocolate across the top of the mixture, being sure to get to the corners evenly.
- Chill in the fridge for 2hrs+ then cut into 16 bars.
Wrap one in parchment, refill your water bottle and you are set for a midafternoon snack.
Great as a grab-and-go breakfast too.
For a dessert variation to serve as healthy truffles: Increase almond butter to 1 cup and chocolate chips to ¾ cup. Roll mixture and into packed balls, and dip to coat in melted chocolate before sprinkling with salt flakes.<38>38>