Sacha Inchi (Plukenetia volubilis) also known as “Star seeds” or Inca peanuts have been used for centuries by the indigenous peoples of the Amazon in Peru for their nutritional properties. The fruit that these seeds grow in is inedible, but when lightly roasted with low heat the seeds take on a crisp nutty flavor.Dr. Oz-approved superfoods: Made Dr. Oz’s list of Best Weight-loss snack of 2010. “Inca peanuts have 3 times the amount of Omega-3s and twice the fiber as walnuts.” Highest content of plant-based Omega-3 (ALA) PUFAS (Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids) of ANY vegetable oil. Provides a rich and well-balanced ratio of Omegas: Each serving (1 tablespoon = 15 mL) contains 7 grams of omega-3, 5 grams of omega-6, and one gram of omega-9 One of the most shelf stable Omega-3 vegetable oils: Its natural tocopherol content (mainly delta and gamma vitamin E) contributes to its high antioxidant capability—2 year shelf life! Sustainably and ethically harvested: a perennial crop sourced from a network of small farming communities in Peru following principles of Bio-Commerce.
- Nitrogen flushed in amber glass bottles for freshness
- Extra-virgin, unrefined, cold-pressed, and mechanically filtered
- Pressing temperature typically a low 42 degrees Celsius/107 degrees Fahrenheit
- Certified Organic by QAI and USDA
- Cold pressed, vegan, raw, non-GMO, and gluten-free
- With a pleasant, mild, and nutty taste, Sacha Inchi can be enjoyed daily drizzled over salads, in sauces, soups, sandwiches, pasta, juices, and any other cold or hot dish
- Ideal for cooking! Sacha Inchi Oil (US/CA) can be used for low-temperature cooking of less than 170 degrees Celsius/338 degrees Fahrenheit for up to 15 minutes